Can you help to resettle a refugee family in London?
We are issuing a call for volunteers to join us.
Our fundraising phase is already well advanced and we are now seeking further volunteers to help us:
- Find accommodation
- Decorate and furnish the accommodation
- Do DIY/ house improvements
- Tweet for us
- Design and distribute leaflets
- Befriend the family (see here for more information on befrienders: https://tottenhamrefugees.org.uk/wp/how-to-volunteer/ )
- Provide safeguarding advice
- Translate from Arabic to English and vice versa
- Teach English to the family
- Help the family to get to know their local area, especially shops, schools, GPs and local transport
It takes a community to resettle a family – with a large group of volunteers the load is spread. Whether you have a relevant skill or not, and whether you can donate a lot or a little of your time, it’s all very welcome.
Please register your interest by e-mailing email@example.com
You can find out more about the community sponsorship of refugees here: http://www.sponsorrefugees.org/the_story and here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/community-sponsorship-how-you-can-make-it-happen